Saverio Barbaro was born in Venice in 1924. He studied classics and began to exhibit in 1948 at the Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa in Venice. In 1950 he won the "Omero Soppesa" for a young artist at the XXV Biennale Internazionale d’Arte in Venice. In 1951 participates, by invitation, at the VI Quadriennale Nazionale d’Arte of Rome. Will be invited again in 1959. In 1952, a scholarship from the French government for the Beaux Arts, allows the artist to stay in Paris and the time to study and work will be extended until 1960, alternating with returns in Venice and travel in Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Holland . For years he stayed in Nice. Invited to the XXVIII Biennale Internazionale d’Arte in Venice in 1956, was awarded with the Presidenza della Biennale. In the edition of 1958 he was awarded the Foundation Tursi, while in the one of the 1962 the Award of the Rotary Club. The Mediterranean culture and the Middle East particularly attracts the artist who, after a period in Spain, he traveled to Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria. This leads him to learn about and participate with commitment to ethical and aesthetic aspects of the Arab-Islamic culture, that has so large a part in his pictorial theme. Among the most important exhibitions is to remember the solo exhibition in 1950 at the Galleria Gianferrari with the presentation of Guido Perrocco; in 1956 at the Strozzina Gallery of Florence and delle Ore Milan Gallery with a presentation by Giuseppe Mazzariol. In 1962 he exhibited at Martin's Gallery in London, presented by Pietro Zampetti, and in 1966 was invited to hold a solo exhibition at the Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa in Venice. This was followed in time by many exhibitions in the Italian Cultural Institute in Sweden, Germany, Morocco, Tunisia and France. In 1985, in Milan, in the Palazzo della Permanente, Carla Fracci and Jorghe Jancu dedicate a show to the artist on the occasion of the exhibition: "Saverio Barbaro: Opere from 1947 to 1985. In the same year he was honored with a retrospective at the Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo in Rome. Since then, the brothers Lucchetta undertake to support any initiative promoted in favor of the Venetian artist.