Raffaele Rossi was born in Alba (CN) the 20th may 1956 .
In 1975, after the Art School in Novara, fascinated by the ancient Venetian Painting stays for a few years in Mogliano Veneto in Treviso where he held his first solo exhibition in 1978.
During this period, he attended courses of engraving at the International School of Graphics and, again in Venice, the Scuola Libera del Nudo
Attracted by ancient painting techniques, approaches the "bottega" of two Venetian Painters: Valeria Rambelli and Ottone Marabini. From them he learns to grind and stir colors with egg tempera and oil, learns the preparation of tables and paintings and takes great interest for research and the reuse of old materials. Experiences the fresco and the result is a special love for the plaster and the material surfaces that leads to the current time of painting characterized by thick rich surfaces made of plaster of lime, aggregates details such as marble dust, sand and adhesives natural.
Lives and works in S. Ambrogio di Trebaseleghe Padova province.
His works are kept permanently by :
- Galleria d’Arte Moderna di Palazzo Sarcinelli , Conegliano TV ; Italy
- Museo dello Splendore , Giulianova TE ; Italy
- Credit Suisse , Hong Kong
- Bank Julius Baer , Hong Kong
- Bank Sarasin&Cie Ag , Hong Kong
- Hotel Sheraton , Hong Kong
- Sala affrescata a “ Son Apau “ ,Azahar Jardineria y Riegos, Palma De Mallorca ; Spain
- "NIKE" scultura al Donatore . Sculpture in bronze made for l’AIDO di Piombino Dese PD. Giardino di villa Fantin, Piombino Dese PD ; Italy