Among the most important and significant artists of his generation, cARLO Ciussi was born in Udine in 1930. Painter, graphic artist and sculptor, he began to exhibit in 1953 at the Palazzo Barberini in Rome. Present at the Biennale in Venice in 1964 and in the edition of 1986, in 1955 and 1972 he was invited to the Quadriennale d’Arte Contemporanea of Rome. He has collaborated with the most important Italian galleries including Stendhal Gallery in Milan, the Galleria del Cavallino in Venice, Argentario of Trento, Studio La Città di Verona, the Gallery Plurima of Udine, Fioretto Arte Contemporanea in Padova, Lorenzelli Arte e Studio Invernizzi of Milan. In 1997, the Civic Museum Revoltella in Trieste has dedicated a retrospective of works from 1947 to 1997. The most recent solo exhibition took place at the Palazzo dei Sette, in Orvieto, in 2008.